Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thank you Mia and Pop!

Mia and Pop left this morning to go home. They are headed for their own beds and some quiet :) We have had a wonderful time visiting and are so thankful for all of the help we received. Our story begins almost two weeks ago when Mia and Pop first drove up. Mia needed to return to work but Pop planned to stay and help for the week before Baby Charles was scheduled to arrive. Pop entertained Calvin and Isaac all week, bathed them, rode with me or drove me anywhere I needed to go, ran errands to the cleaners, grocery store, to get take out and anything else we needed. Saturday Mia returned after winding down her work and started cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and helping entertain two little boys. We had a fun weekend including pumpkin carving, a Halloween party next door, and trick or treating up and down the street. Early Monday morning Clint, Pop, and I drove to the hospital for the scheduled induction. We checked in, and by 6:30 the Pitocin had begun its work. At 10:30 AM the midwife said it was time to move things along and she broke my water. One hour later at 11:35 AM Charles was in my arms. He arrived in his own time even before the midwife made it back to the room after leaving to start the set up process. We spent two nights in the hospital with Mia there both nights to care for us. Pop and Clint were at home taking care of Calvin and Isaac. Pop single handedly getting Calvin up in the mornings, fed, dressed, and out the door to school allowing Clint to get some much needed rest. Wednesday at noon we packed up and started for home. Things have gone very well here at home with Mia and Pop taking care of meals, changing diapers, scrubbing bathrooms, getting Calvin to and from school, and Mia taking turns with Clint getting up at night to sit with Charles so I could sleep. This week could not have gone better. We will fondly remember this week we welcomed Charles into our family.

Pirate Cowboy and Indiana Jones
Mommy and Charles
Daddy and Charles
Proud Big Brothers
first bath at home
Calvin, Mia, Isaac, Pop, and Baby Charles



2 comments:

Faith Weir said...

Amy! Charles is so beautiful! I wish so bad I could meet him! I am thankful that your delivery was safe and quick. I miss you.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

YAY!!! :) SO excited for ya'll!!

He is SO adorable!! And I love the light hair too!! :) I love that our boys are only 12 days apart!

What a blessing that you've had a special week with your parents and all your boys! That makes all the difference in the world! :)